skip to main | skip to sidebar

About me

My Photo
Mariana
Indonesian muslimah, Backpacker, Photography Lover, Dreamer, and Believer to these phrases: "whoever seeks they will find" & "there's no useless effort" - So, keep on going!
View my complete profile

Archive

  • ► 2008 (13)
    • ► June (1)
    • ► July (3)
    • ► August (2)
    • ► September (2)
    • ► November (2)
    • ► December (3)
  • ► 2009 (13)
    • ► January (2)
    • ► February (1)
    • ► March (2)
    • ► May (1)
    • ► August (1)
    • ► September (3)
    • ► December (3)
  • ► 2010 (20)
    • ► January (3)
    • ► February (3)
    • ► April (1)
    • ► June (1)
    • ► July (1)
    • ► August (9)
    • ► September (1)
    • ► November (1)
  • ► 2011 (10)
    • ► February (2)
    • ► June (3)
    • ► August (4)
    • ► October (1)
  • ► 2012 (5)
    • ► January (1)
    • ► March (1)
    • ► August (1)
    • ► September (1)
    • ► November (1)
  • ► 2013 (16)
    • ► January (1)
    • ► March (1)
    • ► June (6)
    • ► July (1)
    • ► August (4)
    • ► September (2)
    • ► October (1)
  • ► 2014 (13)
    • ► January (1)
    • ► February (1)
    • ► March (2)
    • ► May (2)
    • ► June (1)
    • ► August (1)
    • ► September (1)
    • ► October (1)
    • ► November (3)
  • ► 2015 (15)
    • ► February (1)
    • ► March (1)
    • ► July (1)
    • ► August (3)
    • ► October (4)
    • ► November (1)
    • ► December (4)
  • ► 2016 (6)
    • ► January (2)
    • ► February (2)
    • ► March (2)
  • ▼ 2017 (3)
    • ► April (1)
    • ► June (1)
    • ▼ July (1)
      • New Blog Revamp
  • ► 2020 (5)
    • ► October (2)
    • ► November (3)
  • ► 2021 (9)
    • ► January (1)
    • ► February (2)
    • ► April (3)
    • ► July (2)
    • ► September (1)

Labels

  • backpacking
  • blog design
  • capturing moments
  • cerita-cerita
  • cuap-cuap
  • family matters
  • hikmah
  • hot stuff
  • inspirasi
  • kata-kata
  • kerja dan belajar
  • korean drama
  • masak memasak
  • quotes
  • relationship
  • review
  • selingan
  • tausyiah
  • wonderful

What I'm Into

Interior & Architecture

  • Arc Space
  • Arch Daily
  • Archinect
  • Architonic
  • Copy Cat Chic
  • Design Glossary
  • Design Milk
  • Dezeen
  • Enlighter Magazine
  • Famous Architects
  • HGTV
  • Houzz
  • How About Orange
  • IALD
  • IKEA Hackers
  • Interior Design Magazine
  • Karim Rashid
  • Lighting Design Magazine
  • Meade Design Group
  • Mondo Arc
  • Philippe Starck
  • Print and Pattern
  • Samantha Pynn
  • Summer Allen
  • Suzanne Dimma
  • Top 50 Interior Websites

All About Design

  • Eat Drink Chic
  • Goodnight Little Spoon
  • Josh Lafayette
  • Paper Toys
  • Pixel Girl
  • Pugly Pixel
  • Pugly Pixel Blog
  • The Cool Hunter

Let's Go Green

  • groovy green
  • inhabitat
  • sustainablog
  • world changing

Inspiring Blogs

  • Febrianti Almeera
  • Islamic Articles
  • Jamil Azzaini
  • Salim A. Fillah

I Read This

Bidadari Bidadari Surga
Mengarungi 'Arsy Allah
Gadis Pantai
Confessions of a Shopaholic
Rembulan Tenggelam Di Wajahmu
Kupinang Engkau dengan Hamdalah
The Da Vinci Code
A Very Yuppy Wedding
Menyelam ke Samudera Jiwa dan Ruh
Bumi Cinta
Cinta Brontosaurus
The Alchemist - Sang Alkemis
Kambing Jantan: Sebuah Catatan Harian Pelajar Bodoh
Life of Pi
Why Men Don't Listen and Women Can't Read Maps: Mengungkap Perbedaan Pikiran Pria dan Wanita Agar Sukses Membina Hubungan
divortiare
Ketika Cinta Bertasbih
The Right to Lead
How to Win Friends and Influence People
Virus of the Mind: The New Science of the Meme


Mariana's favorite books »

For A Better Life!

Blog Readers

Stats

free counters

simply,

bla bla bla in my mind...

07 July 2017

New Blog Revamp

Yesterday I was so shocked when I opened my blog and found out that the background appeared somewhat creepy due to the expiration of the third-party hosting from the blog theme resource that I used all this time. @_@  But I couldn't protest anyway because I've downloaded the theme for free. So if the web designer decided not to extend the image hosting account, I definitely couldn't do anything other than changing my blog theme. *cry*

Expired Blogger Theme Appearance

My original blogger theme was from Gisele Jaquenod's blog. I used "My Notes" theme from her blog. I really fond of her design style, I think it suits my taste which is simple-girly-cutie-comical kind of thing that visually nice to see and made the writings easy to read. So I tried to check her blog recently to find out whether she had updated the theme file or if I miss out something like suddenly she put the theme for sale for example. But unfortunately there is no update on the theme, even she hasn't update the blog since 2014.

The Original Blogger Theme's Appearance Before Expired

Knowing that there is no hope in using the theme anymore, so I started to browse other themes on the internet. With heavy-heart I picked one of the most similar style from again-the-free-resource I could find. Then I fell into this one nice-simple-elegant theme from Design Bliss by Sadaf. I have applied the theme for a couple of hours, 'till suddenly I got this 'aha' moment - the moment when you suddenly get an idea out of nowhere.


"Design Bliss" Theme On My Blog

It started from my unsatisfactory with how my blog looks like, so I came back using the Gisele's theme. This time I tried to configure the HTML code, I started by searching where the expired background's link came from, then I replaced it all with plain color background. Well actually choosing the color is not as simple as I write this, I need to find the color code first from the html color codes website. Editing website's design is not the same as editing picture in photoshop. Anything related to website design requires html / css code. It's not that simple but it's not that hard as well. It's quite fun when we finally can see the result.

Back to revamping the blog's design. Basically I still use Gisele's html theme, I only configured a few parts like the colors, fonts, and alignments. Nothing much. I also inspired by the Design Bliss theme, like the header's font and color. So I applied it as well. Again, it looks very easy but for a beginner like me it took hours to finish it. But it's worth the effort and time, because in the end I really like the result.:D

Voila! Finally This Is How My Blog Looks Like :D

Actually there was one blogger whom I fave the most from all the blog's designer. Her blog's title is Pugly Pixel. She's very inspiring yet adorable. She liked to share many knowledge about website design. Even she made the tutorial and gave many design freebies, like tape strips, clip arts, backgrounds, photoshop brushes, and many more. I love her design taste as well, I think she is originally a graphic designer. She knows how to mix and match color and make a presentable layouts. But don't know why all of her websites suddenly disappear. Many people miss her, because we learned so much from her blog.


Pugly Pixel's Blog

Thinking on why many bloggers suddenly disappear, made me realize one thing. I think all this time we used to take everything for granted, 'till everything's gone then we realize how precious it was. But it's not that bad though. Because when we are forced to do everything by ourselves due to limitations, there when we find out that we can do it as well.


A man may die....... Nations may rise and fall....... But an idea lives on

- John F. Kennedy

Posted by Mariana at 2:17 AM
Labels: blog design, inspirasi

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Blog Design by Gisele Jaquenod - edited by Mariana