skip to main | skip to sidebar

About me

My Photo
Mariana
Indonesian muslimah, Backpacker, Photography Lover, Dreamer, and Believer to these phrases: "whoever seeks they will find" & "there's no useless effort" - So, keep on going!
View my complete profile

Archive

  • ► 2008 (13)
    • ► June (1)
    • ► July (3)
    • ► August (2)
    • ► September (2)
    • ► November (2)
    • ► December (3)
  • ► 2009 (13)
    • ► January (2)
    • ► February (1)
    • ► March (2)
    • ► May (1)
    • ► August (1)
    • ► September (3)
    • ► December (3)
  • ▼ 2010 (20)
    • ► January (3)
    • ► February (3)
    • ► April (1)
    • ► June (1)
    • ► July (1)
    • ▼ August (9)
      • Yuuk
      • 1:36
      • Horaaay, Gerbong Khusus Wanita!
      • Semoga Lekas Sembuh - [Bagian 1]
      • Semoga Lekas Sembuh - [Bagian 2]
      • Tips Superrrr of The Day
      • Along The Lane
      • Being Modest
      • I Miss You, Dad...
    • ► September (1)
    • ► November (1)
  • ► 2011 (10)
    • ► February (2)
    • ► June (3)
    • ► August (4)
    • ► October (1)
  • ► 2012 (5)
    • ► January (1)
    • ► March (1)
    • ► August (1)
    • ► September (1)
    • ► November (1)
  • ► 2013 (16)
    • ► January (1)
    • ► March (1)
    • ► June (6)
    • ► July (1)
    • ► August (4)
    • ► September (2)
    • ► October (1)
  • ► 2014 (13)
    • ► January (1)
    • ► February (1)
    • ► March (2)
    • ► May (2)
    • ► June (1)
    • ► August (1)
    • ► September (1)
    • ► October (1)
    • ► November (3)
  • ► 2015 (15)
    • ► February (1)
    • ► March (1)
    • ► July (1)
    • ► August (3)
    • ► October (4)
    • ► November (1)
    • ► December (4)
  • ► 2016 (6)
    • ► January (2)
    • ► February (2)
    • ► March (2)
  • ► 2017 (3)
    • ► April (1)
    • ► June (1)
    • ► July (1)
  • ► 2020 (5)
    • ► October (2)
    • ► November (3)
  • ► 2021 (9)
    • ► January (1)
    • ► February (2)
    • ► April (3)
    • ► July (2)
    • ► September (1)

Labels

  • backpacking
  • blog design
  • capturing moments
  • cerita-cerita
  • cuap-cuap
  • family matters
  • hikmah
  • hot stuff
  • inspirasi
  • kata-kata
  • kerja dan belajar
  • korean drama
  • masak memasak
  • quotes
  • relationship
  • review
  • selingan
  • tausyiah
  • wonderful

What I'm Into

Interior & Architecture

  • Arc Space
  • Arch Daily
  • Archinect
  • Architonic
  • Copy Cat Chic
  • Design Glossary
  • Design Milk
  • Dezeen
  • Enlighter Magazine
  • Famous Architects
  • HGTV
  • Houzz
  • How About Orange
  • IALD
  • IKEA Hackers
  • Interior Design Magazine
  • Karim Rashid
  • Lighting Design Magazine
  • Meade Design Group
  • Mondo Arc
  • Philippe Starck
  • Print and Pattern
  • Samantha Pynn
  • Summer Allen
  • Suzanne Dimma
  • Top 50 Interior Websites

All About Design

  • Eat Drink Chic
  • Goodnight Little Spoon
  • Josh Lafayette
  • Paper Toys
  • Pixel Girl
  • Pugly Pixel
  • Pugly Pixel Blog
  • The Cool Hunter

Let's Go Green

  • groovy green
  • inhabitat
  • sustainablog
  • world changing

Inspiring Blogs

  • Febrianti Almeera
  • Islamic Articles
  • Jamil Azzaini
  • Salim A. Fillah

I Read This

Bidadari Bidadari Surga
Mengarungi 'Arsy Allah
Gadis Pantai
Confessions of a Shopaholic
Rembulan Tenggelam Di Wajahmu
Kupinang Engkau dengan Hamdalah
The Da Vinci Code
A Very Yuppy Wedding
Menyelam ke Samudera Jiwa dan Ruh
Bumi Cinta
Cinta Brontosaurus
The Alchemist - Sang Alkemis
Kambing Jantan: Sebuah Catatan Harian Pelajar Bodoh
Life of Pi
Why Men Don't Listen and Women Can't Read Maps: Mengungkap Perbedaan Pikiran Pria dan Wanita Agar Sukses Membina Hubungan
divortiare
Ketika Cinta Bertasbih
The Right to Lead
How to Win Friends and Influence People
Virus of the Mind: The New Science of the Meme


Mariana's favorite books »

For A Better Life!

Blog Readers

Stats

free counters

simply,

bla bla bla in my mind...

31 August 2010

I Miss You, Dad...

It's really late at night, and I can't even sleep, dad. Tomorrow I have to go work again, but there are a lot of things that keep me awake. Yesterday I dreamt you picked me up from all of this nightmare. I'm afraid. I'm all alone here. Seems like I've got many friends here, but I can't say who's really a friend. I miss you, dad... I miss to go out with you to Pizza Hut. I know you really like Pizza. I really miss eating your home-made delicious porridge. Sometimes when I go home, you'll take me to Ayam Kremes Restaurant because you know exactly I like it. You didn't mind at all when all I wanted was just being quite when I didn't want to tell anything happened to me. Instead you would tell me some stories to make me laugh or giving some advice and good words to make me feel better. You always picked me up anywhere I asked you to with your old rustic car. I don't mind riding on that car at all, because our family had so many memories there. We had it for a long time since we're all still together as a whole family. That green rustic car taught us so many things. You taught me so many things in that car with many stories. You taught me to live modestly, being honest wherever I am, and be grateful of what we have. You didn't fulfill everything that I wanted. But you always tried your very best to give what I really needed. Thank you dad... I always remember how you said no that day to something that I really wanted. And then I went to the bedroom crying. Then after awhile you asked me to dress up to buy that thing together, even though I knew we're in a difficult economic that time.

Two or three months ago before I left, you said that every moment only happened for once in our life. The moment when you used to drove me to the school everyday. The moment you used to wake up every morning to boil us a pan of hot water for me and my younger brother. So we could take a bath without getting cold, while you took the cold water. How worse I was that moment when I got late, I would angry to you because you didn't wake up early. And when you were praying, I knocked from outside telling you to get hurry. But you never mad to me. I am sorry, dad. I blamed you for everything that happened to us. How could I thought that this is all your fault, and you deserved to get all bad deeds from me. I am really sorry, dad.

I am so sorry that I got failed so many times, dad. Even here, I'm too ashamed to say that I can't make it well. I could have been failed again. These days here were very hard. I'm really tired, I'm so tired. Wish you were here to accompany me. Just like what we used to do, just watching movies together and laugh. Or hearing musics from our favorite radio station while sharing some stories.

I would like to send this by postcard with a good stamp that you might collect. But I'm too afraid to do this kind of sentimental thing. Because our family never used to do that. Dad, wherever you are... I always pray the best for you as you always pray the best for me. Thank you for taking care of me all of this time. I love you, daddy.

Gute nacht. Alles gute. Tschüss.


-your daughter-
Posted by Mariana at 12:58 AM
Labels: capturing moments, cerita-cerita, family matters, wonderful

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Blog Design by Gisele Jaquenod - edited by Mariana