skip to main | skip to sidebar

About me

My Photo
Mariana
Indonesian muslimah, Backpacker, Photography Lover, Dreamer, and Believer to these phrases: "whoever seeks they will find" & "there's no useless effort" - So, keep on going!
View my complete profile

Archive

  • ► 2008 (13)
    • ► June (1)
    • ► July (3)
    • ► August (2)
    • ► September (2)
    • ► November (2)
    • ► December (3)
  • ► 2009 (13)
    • ► January (2)
    • ► February (1)
    • ► March (2)
    • ► May (1)
    • ► August (1)
    • ► September (3)
    • ► December (3)
  • ► 2010 (20)
    • ► January (3)
    • ► February (3)
    • ► April (1)
    • ► June (1)
    • ► July (1)
    • ► August (9)
    • ► September (1)
    • ► November (1)
  • ► 2011 (10)
    • ► February (2)
    • ► June (3)
    • ► August (4)
    • ► October (1)
  • ► 2012 (5)
    • ► January (1)
    • ► March (1)
    • ► August (1)
    • ► September (1)
    • ► November (1)
  • ► 2013 (16)
    • ► January (1)
    • ► March (1)
    • ► June (6)
    • ► July (1)
    • ► August (4)
    • ► September (2)
    • ► October (1)
  • ► 2014 (13)
    • ► January (1)
    • ► February (1)
    • ► March (2)
    • ► May (2)
    • ► June (1)
    • ► August (1)
    • ► September (1)
    • ► October (1)
    • ► November (3)
  • ▼ 2015 (15)
    • ► February (1)
    • ► March (1)
    • ► July (1)
    • ▼ August (3)
      • Opposite Best Friend
      • Beyond What The Eyes Can See
      • Beach or Mountain?
    • ► October (4)
    • ► November (1)
    • ► December (4)
  • ► 2016 (6)
    • ► January (2)
    • ► February (2)
    • ► March (2)
  • ► 2017 (3)
    • ► April (1)
    • ► June (1)
    • ► July (1)
  • ► 2020 (5)
    • ► October (2)
    • ► November (3)
  • ► 2021 (9)
    • ► January (1)
    • ► February (2)
    • ► April (3)
    • ► July (2)
    • ► September (1)

Labels

  • backpacking
  • blog design
  • capturing moments
  • cerita-cerita
  • cuap-cuap
  • family matters
  • hikmah
  • hot stuff
  • inspirasi
  • kata-kata
  • kerja dan belajar
  • korean drama
  • masak memasak
  • quotes
  • relationship
  • review
  • selingan
  • tausyiah
  • wonderful

What I'm Into

Interior & Architecture

  • Arc Space
  • Arch Daily
  • Archinect
  • Architonic
  • Copy Cat Chic
  • Design Glossary
  • Design Milk
  • Dezeen
  • Enlighter Magazine
  • Famous Architects
  • HGTV
  • Houzz
  • How About Orange
  • IALD
  • IKEA Hackers
  • Interior Design Magazine
  • Karim Rashid
  • Lighting Design Magazine
  • Meade Design Group
  • Mondo Arc
  • Philippe Starck
  • Print and Pattern
  • Samantha Pynn
  • Summer Allen
  • Suzanne Dimma
  • Top 50 Interior Websites

All About Design

  • Eat Drink Chic
  • Goodnight Little Spoon
  • Josh Lafayette
  • Paper Toys
  • Pixel Girl
  • Pugly Pixel
  • Pugly Pixel Blog
  • The Cool Hunter

Let's Go Green

  • groovy green
  • inhabitat
  • sustainablog
  • world changing

Inspiring Blogs

  • Febrianti Almeera
  • Islamic Articles
  • Jamil Azzaini
  • Salim A. Fillah

I Read This

Bidadari Bidadari Surga
Mengarungi 'Arsy Allah
Gadis Pantai
Confessions of a Shopaholic
Rembulan Tenggelam Di Wajahmu
Kupinang Engkau dengan Hamdalah
The Da Vinci Code
A Very Yuppy Wedding
Menyelam ke Samudera Jiwa dan Ruh
Bumi Cinta
Cinta Brontosaurus
The Alchemist - Sang Alkemis
Kambing Jantan: Sebuah Catatan Harian Pelajar Bodoh
Life of Pi
Why Men Don't Listen and Women Can't Read Maps: Mengungkap Perbedaan Pikiran Pria dan Wanita Agar Sukses Membina Hubungan
divortiare
Ketika Cinta Bertasbih
The Right to Lead
How to Win Friends and Influence People
Virus of the Mind: The New Science of the Meme


Mariana's favorite books »

For A Better Life!

Blog Readers

Stats

free counters

simply,

bla bla bla in my mind...

14 August 2015

Beyond What The Eyes Can See

A week ago I just read a very touching article about a woman who has survived from a fire disaster. Almost 60 percent of her body burned severely, even she had to lose her fingers both right and left hand. But what I found incredible in this incident is that she doesn't give up and drown in misery. She continue her life, keeps on going through the difficult times, though her outer physical will never be the same anymore.

Finding the fact that she was a model, named Turia Pitt, made me adore her fighting spirit even more. But there's something more amazing that I read from the news, that made my heart melt into pieces.

Turia Pitt before the incident

She has someone who stayed beside her even her appearance has changed totally. Before she got into this incident, she has a boyfriend that she dated. From the story that she told in the video below, her boyfriend didn't left her since day 1 after she got burned. He accompanied her going through the difficult times and still stay beside her until now. I'm amazed in the fact that he didn't break up with her after the incident. When a man dated a model, he must be attracted with her outer physical, such as her beauty face, good shape of body, etc. And every single man in this world has a physical desire, which cannot be put aside, in need of a woman who can fulfill his needs. Moreover in the modern lifestyle nowadays, especially in western culture, where free lifestyle is happening, man needs a beautiful and healthy woman to be with him. But amazingly, he didn't leave her behind. Nor scared of seeing her outer appearance after being burned.

Here's the article that I read :

Australian ex-model Turia Pitt suffered burns to 65 percent of her body

The Australian ex-model Turia Pitt suffered burns to 65 percent of her body, lost her fingers and thumb on her right hand and spent five months in hospital after she was trapped by a grassfire in a 100 kilometre ultra-marathon in the Kimberley. Her boyfriend decided to quit his job to care for her recovery. Days ago, in an interview for CNN they asked him:

“Did you at any moment think about leaving her and hiring someone to take care of her and moving on with your life?”

His reply touched the world:

“I married her soul, her character, and she’s the only woman that will continue to fulfill my dreams.”

Source: Daily Mail
Picture: Richard Dobson

Turia Pitt with her boyfriend

Turia Pitt's telling her story at radio station


Turia with her boyfriend, have gone through the difficult times


She told her struggling story here :
http://fridaymagazine.ae/real-life/turia-pitt-i-was-healed-by-love-1.1363235

See as well her full story and documentary video here :
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2996539/We-thought-gone-Family-feared-inspirational-burns-survivor-Turia-Pitt-DEAD-stopped-breathing-surgery-new-nose.html#v-3679234238001

News when the incident happened :
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2137279/Australian-ultramarathon-runners-scarred-life-2011-bushfire-evidence-race-organisers.html

And follow her facebook here to see her recent activities  :
https://www.facebook.com/turia.pitt


Somehow I rarely find this kind of amazing story in my own country. Beautiful story like this usually comes from overseas. Or maybe it's just me who are outdated from reading domestic news in my country. What I can easily find these days in my hometown are the news of celebrities getting divorced or a pious scholar got polygamy. It's not that I'm expecting that much of a beautiful romance story to hear, nor against polygamy, but I'm just wondering why it's very hard to find a good man like this. :D




How wonderful isn't it looking at their pictures together, despite the religion, good and bad, and other barriers that might be on the way. If I were to asked whether I can look at someone beyond what the eyes can see, big probability I'm not be able to do so like this man does. That's why I think it's very hard to find someone like this nowadays who can see beyond what the eyes can see and going through what the mind can accept.

But somehow I'm sure deep in each and everyone's heart, we want to be loved not because of our physical appearance, our family background, financial state, or our social status. Even myself, I want somewhat to be loved because of my soul, my heart, my personality, and who I really am. Not because of how pretty I am, how religious I become, or how successful my work is. But on the other hand, I'm not confident enough to say that I have a good soul, a good personality, or a good character that worth to be loved. I know how complicated myself is that people may finding it hard to understand.

So in order for people to understand us, somehow we have to be able to show that we are worth of love. And from what I learnt, it can only be obtained if we are able to fulfill people's expectations, for example people like to see someone who is well groomed, has achieved high education, has certain work in promising field or industry, well mannered, friendly, has wider knowledge, a good believer, etc etc. Somewhat we are expected to push our own limits to extent the possibility of being loved sincerely, as a reward of our struggling hardships. When we have finally checked all the criteria based on our standard and preferences, then there where our heart and soul may start to open and accept.

Though the theory said that love can go through any barriers, even time and space, but we cannot disregard the fact that unconditional love between strangers can only happened when the basic requirements has been passed through. Unless the love of a mother to her child, love still required a settled condition to grow well. and love itself could change as the time goes by doesn't it?

Anyway, knowing the story of Turia Pitt made me realize how lack of gratitude I am all this time. I forgot how to be thankful to Allah SWT who blessed me with so many good things more than I deserved... Thank you Yaa Allah, you still let me live until this moment and giving more than I ever asked, thank you for the perfect body You have given me while out there many people are lacked of.

I will do my best to be a better person that I could be.... So I am worth of love and sincerity like this person has showed us.

"Everyone dies, but not everyone lives".  - David Mesnard (master freediver)



Posted by Mariana at 3:33 AM
Labels: wonderful

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Newer Post Older Post Home
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)

Blog Design by Gisele Jaquenod - edited by Mariana