I want to share some photos of my meals I consumed while I was in Singapore from 2010 - 2012. One of the thing that makes me always wanted to go back home as often as I could when I was there is that Singapore food doesn't really click with my appetite. To me, most of the food there was tasteless. Compare to Indonesian food which very rich of taste. Maybe it's because their government always suggest them to live a healthy life, and one of the way is by telling people that less salt is better. Seriously? Yes, very much serious. Haha, interesting right? So, everytime I found some nice food or drink, I captured it with my mobile camera. Here are the pictures of my lovely delicious meals I eat in Singapore. Enjoy! :D
 |
| Breakfast in my office canteen at Sentosa. I had a big breakfast every morning to fill up my energy. xD |
 |
| Hainan Chicken Rice, one of my favourite lunch. It's a Chinese local food. Quite tasty. Yummy. |
 |
| Nasi Goreng Kampong (Kampong Fried Rice). I used to eat it as my dinner in an Indian restaurant nearby my flat. They cooked it with egg and anchovy. |
 |
| Padang Fried Rice. I used to eat it every morning, the restaurant was near to my office headquarter in Neil Road. I like the chili. Tasted very much like Malay chili. |
 |
| Cheese and Egg Prata. Aah, I miss it very much! It's so yummy yummy yummy! My favourite midnight snack. |
 |
| Seafood MuyFun. You can find it in restaurant at URA. I like the gravy sauce. Filled up my stomach a lot. If you want to have it with noodle, without rice, you can order it as Seafood HorFun. The lady there ever called me a BIG EATER by ordering this food. Hahaha. Because no one ordered it with rice! xD |
 |
| Fried Chicken Rice at Indian restaurant nearby my HDB / flat. The super big chicken really boost my appetite. |
 |
| Grilled Chicken Rice at Kopitiam Hawker Centre in Plaza Singapura. My friend introduced me this food once because it's quite cheap, since then I started to look for it everytime I went to this place. Highly recommended! |
 |
| Roti John or John Bread. This looks like martabak telor in Indonesia. The different is they use bread and beef. Again, I eat it in Indian restaurant nearby my flat. Haha, they have various of nice foods there. |
 |
| Indian Fried Snack. I forgot the name. But it's likely nice to eat too. |
 |
| Indian Kwetiau. They always put some ingredients which will make the food looks very red. The fried rice more or less looks as red as this too. |
 |
| Briyani Fried Rice. It's a very famous Indian food. Rice mixed with carrot slices. |
 |
| Tea Chino from Seah Im Food Centre. This drink tasted like Tarik Tea, it's just more sweet and nicer. I think they put somewhat like chocolate powder or something to make it delicious. |
 |
| Hot Tea-O. This simple drink used to accompany me at late night after coming back from office. FYI, there are 4 kinds of tea in Singapore. You need to know it before ordering it. First is Tea (tea+milk+sugar) or people in Indonesia called it Teh Tarik. Second is Tea-O (tea+sugar). Third is Tea-O-Kosong or Tea-O-Peng (tea without sugar). And fourth is Tea-C, tea with Carnation Creamer which healthier (tasted like Teh Tarik, but less sweet). These four names also applicable for ordering coffee. |
Those are some foods and drinks I like in Singapore. Just so you know, all of them are HALAL. :)
Now I begin starving by looking back these pictures again. Kinda miss eating it, maybe if I gotta chance I will visit this country again. Okay, that's all I got. Hope you like it! :D
0 comments:
Post a Comment